Children may be admitted to kindergarten if their fifth birthday is on or before September 1st of the year of enrollment and they must have passed a readiness assessment evaluation. Students entering kindergarten must show proof of age (a birth certificate) and immunization.
The Kindergarten Stepping Stones curriculum is based on the belief that kindergarten is a stepping stone between home, early childhood education, and the primary grades of school.
The program recognizes that young ones are created in God’s image and must be nurtured to think, learn, choose, and grow.
It is responsive to individual differences in developmental stages, abilities, and interests.
- Strong spiritual connections – “Making the invisible God visible” is the primary goal
- A comprehensive, integrated program that includes all subject areas.
- Developmental program designed to meet each individual child’s needs
- Rich children’s literature base
- Themes aligned with elementary Pathways program
- Inquiry-based activities which encourage exploration and discovery
- Aligned with current research in all domains of development